Friday, March 6, 2020
Dear ICSC Members and RECon Attendees,
The health and safety of our members and event attendees is our top priority.
Understandably, the spread of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) has raised concerns about upcoming ICSC events, most specifically RECon. At this time, RECon, which is over two months away, is scheduled to proceed as planned. However, the situation is fluid, and it is possible that future circumstances could require a change in that plan. We are frequently communicating with member leadership, including our Chair, Vice Chair and ICSC's Executive Board, who are actively monitoring the situation. They have requested formal briefings on ICSC's contingency planning and decision-making process. The most current information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local and national authorities and, most importantly, input from members are essential.
We plan to actively and consistently communicate with you over the next month. We understand the seriousness of the coronavirus situation while also recognizing the importance our members place upon RECon. If in discussions with member leadership, a change to RECon is necessitated, it will be thoughtfully made and communicated in a timely fashion.
Thank you for your membership and support.