Prior to her retirement in December of 2009, Mary Lou served as President and Chief Operating Officer of Regency Centers, a leading national owner, operator and developer of shopping centers. She formerly was Non-Executive Chair of Build-A-Bear Workshops, Inc., and was on the General Growth Properties Board. Currently Mary Lou sits on the board of directors of Regency Centers. She is a past chairman and former trustee of ICSC.
Applications are now closed and will reopen March 2021.
- Pairing with 4 inspiring women mentors in senior-level positions in the retail real estate industry
- Participation in a formal, executive leadership education and training program or executive coaching sessions to further professional advancement, with the exact program(s) to be mutually agreed upon by the ICSC Foundation and Fellow; one suggested recommendation includes the Women in Leadership program at Columbia Business School
- Complimentary registration and hotel accommodations at RECon and the opportunity to attend high-level networking and leadership events
- Recognition within the industry through the delivery of presentation(s) at ICSC events about the role of women in retail real estate and the benefits of the Fellowship Program
Fiala Fellowship candidates must:
- Be ambitious, passionate and committed to career advancement in the retail real estate industry
- Be 25-35 years of age
- Have at least five years of work experience in the industry or a combination of 5 years of related graduate school study and retail real estate industry work (minimum 3 years of work experience)
- Be comfortable with public speaking
- Be an ICSC member
- Complete online application
- Appraisal from an employer (current or previous)
- Selection Committee interview for finalists
- Attend RECon 2020 (May 17-19)
- The flexibility to attend other ICSC events
All applications are confidential and are reviewed by a selection committee. One Fiala Fellow will be selected annually from the completed, eligible applications.
For more information, please contact: