NEW YORK (May 19, 2019): The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019 MAXI Awards. The MAXI Awards showcase the creative and innovative practices that paint the picture for the future of the industry, highlighting the retail real estate industry’s most innovative events, programs and technologies that add value to shopping centers and companies throughout the country.
New this year, the award categories have been revised to reflect the ever-changing industry, market trends and business objectives. The new categories are: Experiential, Launch, Revenue, Impact, Innovation, <10k and Community. Also, the competition is now open to all centers and companies in both the United States and Canada.
ICSC honored the winners at RECon, the world’s largest retail real estate convention, hosted annually by ICSC in Las Vegas.
The winners are as follows, by category:
Experiential - Shopping Centers under 500,000 sq. ft.
- Spring is in the Air Floral Experience at Galleria Edina in Edina, Minnesota
- FITatFIG with Massy Arias at FIGat7th in Los Angeles, California
- Beer Garden at Saddle Creek in Germantown, Tennessee
- Dinner & A Movie at Westfield World Trade Center in New York, New York
Experiential - Shopping Centers over 500,001 sq. ft.
- Vignettes Design Series Showcase at Edmonton City Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Taste at Westfield Century City in Los Angeles, California
- CUR8 at Aventura Mall in Aventura, Florida
- A Star Studded Stampede at the CORE at the CORE in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Merry and Bright at Sevenoaks Shopping Centre in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
Experiential - Joint Centre
- Winter Wonderland Festival at Northbrook Court in Northbrook, Illinois and Ridgedale Center in Minnetonka, Minnesota
Experiential - Company
- Blueprint 1.0 – EDENS by EDENS in Washington, D.C.
- 2018 Holiday Influencer Campaign by Washington Prime Group in Columbus, Ohio
Launch - Shopping Centers under 500,000 sq. ft.
- People of Colony Square at Colony Square in Atlanta, Georgia
- Winter Wonder on the Levee at Newport on the Levee in Newport, Kentucky
- Nordstrom Local at THE BLOC in Los Angeles, California
Experiential - Shopping Centers over 500,001 sq. ft.
- Market & Co. Grand Opening at Upper Canada in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
- Avalon Says I Do at Avalon in Alpharetta, Georgia
- Beverly Center Grand Reveal at Beverly Center in Los Angeles, California
- Ecolicious at Devonshire Mall in Windsor, Ontario
- Hillcrest Glow Up at Hillcrest Mall in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Revenue - Shopping Centers under 500,000 sq. ft.
- Event and Advertising Platform at THE BLOC in Los Angeles, California
- The Bomb Bar by lumalush at Park Place Shopping Centre in Lethbirdge, Alberta, Canada
Revenue - Shopping Centers over 500,001 sq. ft.
- Rosedale Center's Rose & Loon in Rosedale Center in Roseville, Minnesota
- The Holidays Made by Tiffany at Yorkdale Shopping Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Avalon and Northside: A Lifetime of Care at Avalon in Alpharetta, Georgia
- Manitobah Mukluks at Carlingwood Shopping Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- ShopLAB at Easton in Columbus, Ohio
- Hill Country Galleria Pop-Up Shops at Hill Country Galleria in Bee Cave, Texas
- Humana Partnership at Yorktown Center in Lombard, Illinois
Impact - Shopping Centers under 500,000 sq. ft.
- Geo-Targeted & Weather-Triggered Digital: Turning The Tide at Sanibel Outlets in Fort Myers, Florida
- Energized Enagagment ftw at Bridgeport Village in Tigard, Oregon
- #AgreeOnMP at Magnolia Park Shopping Center in Greenville, South Carolina
Impact - Shopping Centers over 500,001 sq. ft.
- Aloha Winter Rollerland at Eastridge Center in San Jose, California
- Chinese New Year at The CORE in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Hawaiian Airlines Meal Tray Promotion at Ala Moana Center in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Santa's Wonderland at Hill Country Galleria in Bee Cave, Texas
- LPG Welcomes HomeSense-Marshalls at Les Promenades Gatineau in Gatineau, Québec, Canada
- Hometown Love at Ridgedale Center in Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Fashion Fridays at St. Laurent in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Paying It Forward: XO, KB at The Waterfront in Homestead, Pennsylvania
- The Business of Fashion West Launch at Westfield Century City in Los Angeles, California
Impact - Company
- Grocery Focused. Retailer Centered. 3D Campaign by Phillips Edison & Company in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Brookfield Properties Back-to-School Impact by Brookfield Properties in Chicago, Illinois
Innovation - Shopping Centers under 500,000 sq. ft.
- Sky-High Event Series at Colony Square in Atlanta, Georgia
- DOCO Farm to Fork Brunch at Downtown Commons in Sacramento, California
- Royal Hawaiian Center - Building A Shoe Tote Promotion at Royal Hawaiian Center in Honolulu, Hawaii
Innovation - Shopping Centers over 500,001 sq. ft.
- Cinco de Derby Event Takes Festive Approach to Educating Public on New Sip & Shop Law at Fairfax Corner in Fairfax, Virginia
- Forge at Ala Moana Center in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Lloyd Local at Lloyd Center in Portland, Oregon
- Santa's Vintage Airstream Trailer at Oakbrook Center in Oak Brook, Illinois
- The Shops at South Town Murals at The Shops at South Town in Sandy, Utah
- That's Entertainment: Pioneering Event Enhancements at The Southlands in Aurora, Colorado
Innovation - Company
- Phillips Edison& Company: Innovative Sales Tools by Phillips Edison & Company in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Love, Bleecker by Brookfield Properties in New York, New York
<10k - Shopping Centers under 500,000 sq. ft.
- Heart of Our City at Intercity Shopping Centre in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
- Dinosaur Trail Exhibit at Lansdowne Place in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
- Cars and Coffee Palm Beach 5-Year Anniversary at Palm Beach Outlets in West Palm Beach, Florida
- Sustainable Rooftop Vegetable Garden at Park Place Shopping Centre in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
<10k - Shopping Centers over 500,001 sq. ft.
- Christmas in July at Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills, Illinois
- Interactive Mural at St. Laurent in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
<10k - Company
- Retail Intel Podcast Series by Phillips Edison & Company in Salt Lake City, Utah
Community - Shopping Centers under 500,000 sq. ft.
- Manhattan Town Center: Cornerstone of the Community at Manhattan Town Center in Manhattan, Kansas
- Carytown Exchange Open House at Carytown Exchange in Richmond, Virginia
- On The Green Community Event Series at Downtown Commons in Sacramento, California
Community - Shopping Centers over 500,001 sq. ft.
- Atlantic Station Stops "Traffick" at Atlantic Station in Atlanta, Georgia
- Enchanted Balloon Garden at Regency Mall in Richmond, Virginia
- Bringing Light to the Darkness: Chanukah Festival at Waterfront at The Waterfront in Homestead, Pennsylvania
- Woolsey Fire Relief Efforts at Westfield Topanga & The Village in Canoga Park, California
- Let's Talk About "The Elephant In The Room"... And Make A Difference! at Freehold Raceway Mall in Freehold, New Jersey
- Draft Day at Ka Makana Ali'i featuring Jerry Rice at Ka Makana Ali'I in Kapolei, Hawaii
- La Palmera Cares | Harvey Strong at La Palmera in Corpus Christi, Texas
- Practice Safe Sips - Tomorrow Doesn't Have to Suck at Pickering Town Centre in Pickering, Ontario, Canada
- Party for the Planet at Ridgedale Center in Minnetonka, Minnesota
Community - Joint Centre
- Together We Are Stronger - Hurricane Michael Relief at Destin Commons in Destin, Florida and Aventura Mall in Aventura, Florida
Community - Company
- Soupçon de rose: One step closer to beating breast cancer, one soup at a time by Sandalwood Management Canada ULC in Verdun, Quebec, Canada
- Color for a Cause at Hull Property Group in Augusta, Georgia
For more information about ICSC’s awards and to submit an entry for the 2020 season, please visit www.icsc.com/who-we-are/awards-recognition/global-awards.
ICSC serves the global retail real estate industry. We provide our 70,000+ member network in over 100 countries with invaluable resources, connections and industry insights, and actively work together to shape public policy. For more information about ICSC visit www.icsc.com.